Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Beautiful Wedding Party



A Wedding, something of value, forever remembered for laughter and tears.

My friend's February 16, 2007 wedding was just that, laughter for what was to come, and tears that the original seamstress came up short on a promise to make 8 needed dresses for the bridal party. A request to me was made 5 weeks prior to the date and nothing had yet been started. My quick trip to the local bridal salon and digital camera in hand, would define what my next 5 weeks would become. We would make 7 knock offs of 1 dress and 1 more of another.

Whew!!!! I needed to get busy and thank goodness fabric had come on sale. As

embroidery was going to be needed, another call was made to the digitizer who would set up a specific design for the front and back, a challenge to my skill later on. Fast forward to day of wedding, all got done with only a few "tweakings" along the way. One very happy bride got her "1 of a kind" bridal party ensemble, and I came away with a bunch of experience that was a real boost in my confidence as an embroiderer/seamstress.

Thank you Wendy Jean and Mike, for all your prayers and belief in me!

No comments: